Friday, February 19, 2010

Let the Guessing Begin

By popular demand, there's a temporary change of focus in the blog.  Here's the baby belly, along with photos from roughly the same week with Henry for comparison. 

In order to make educated guesses, here are the relevant non-photo details:  No morning sickness with either one.  Weight gain is about the same with both, but came earlier with Sprouter Deux (this one's nickname) than with Henry.  Henry's first trimester craving:  beer.  Deux's first trimester craving:  Mexican.  Shared craving:  breakfast foods.  Deux is also a big fan of cheeseburgers.  Henry was always a distinct kicker; Deux seems to be stretching rather than kicking.

The photos  - the first from Henry, the second from Deux.

From the front:





From the side:




From the back:




Feel free to leave your guesses in the comments.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl

Anonymous said...

Amy.....I don't think you should put Henry's newborn things away just yet.I carried both boys so totally different...even after the amnio was done for Kev, the doctor said "BOY" I still didn't believe him. Just think either boy or girl Henry will have a buddy forever.
=)

Anonymous said...

Papa thinks Amelia...Mimi hopes so! So many cute dresses in the stores this past weekend!!!!

Kate said...

I say Girl...we need another girl to offset the boys

Anonymous said...

i don't care. just hurry i need another bean to spoil. although a girl may be less excited to get on a train to come to brooklyn.....

Anonymous said...

I'm going to go with boy, but I have to caveat that with the fact that it's tough to tell because you're wearing a light color in one and a dark color in the other. Can you throw on a white shirt and do it again? :)

Anonymous said...

Vache, you need to redo those photos without a black shirt. C'mon -- we all wear black to hide our bulges. We need to accurately see yours to take a guess.

By the way, Baby Clare loved, loved, loved spicy Indian in utero, now I can't eat ANYTHING flavorful without her screaming. The Mexican cravings may do the same...approach with caution.