Sunday, September 23, 2007

Mommy, I'll Have the Camembert

Everyone's said or thought it.... "I hope my kid doesn't turn out like that." Life-threatening illnesses aside, our biggest concern is that Henry turns out to be one of those I-only-like-chicken-fingers-and-pizza kids. It may kill us. We will consider it our proudest accomplishment if one day before he's 18, Henry orders the cheese plate for dessert (after starting with the seared foie gras of course).

So we're adopting the Jacques Pepin approach. If Jacques' autobiography is to be believed, he and his wife made no comments on what their daughter didn't eat or like. They just made dinner. If she ate it, great; if not, no big deal. Eventually, she liked eating what the grown ups ate. (We're hoping this works, but the fact that Jacques Pepin was cooking probably helps!!)

To this end, Henry had a playdate al fresco lunch yesterday with like-minded babies and their mommies.


Here's Anna & Jacob (9 months):

Here's Melanie & Sydney (whose 1st birthday is next week!):


Henry is starting off on the right track, admiring mommy's warm duck & arugula salad:

No comments: